- Positon: Of Counsel
- Practice Areas: Injuries to Tourists and Travelers
- Location: 50 Francisco Street, Suite 460, San Francisco, CA 94133
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 07578880500
Martin Blake specializes in representing tourists and travelers who are injured in the United States. He is the current chair of The International Relations Committee of The American Association of Justice (AAJ), the national organization of Plaintiffs' attorneys in the United States.
- Listed in 'Best Lawyers in America' and ' California Super Lawyers'
- Elected member of The American College of Trial Lawyers, The International Academy of Trial Lawyers and The American Board of Trial Advocates
- Nominated three times as “Trial Lawyer of the Year“, by San Francisco Trial Lawyers' Association.
- Recipient of ' The Penguin Award' from the AAJ International Practice Section for fighting anti-lawyer legislation in South Africa
- 1981: Admitted to California Bar (by examination).
- 1980: Admitted to Bar of England & Wales (by examination).
- 1972: Admitted to N. Ireland Bar (by examination).
- 1972: B.L., Gray's Inn, London
- 1971: LL.B., The Queen's University, Belfast. (Honors Degree, 2:1)
Trial and Settlement Experience
- $14 million pre-trial settlement in Nevada bus crash case involving multiple serious injury claims for foreign tourists.
- $10 million pre-trial settlement of Bayview Industrial Park Fire Litigation.
- First HIV/Aids blood transfusion case tried in California.
- $1.5 million jury verdict in the case of a botched circumcision.
- $1.25 million jury verdict in solo truck accident.
- $750,000 jury verdict in solo truck rollover.
- $1 million pre-trial settlement for internal injuries due to foreign object in international airline meal.
- $10 million settlement for investors in failed wind turbine project.
- Ghost Surgery Class Action: certification issues twice argued in Court of Appeal.
- Unfair Business Practice Actions: Lead counsel in cases involving
- $1.5 million settlement re improper bank check fee claims
- $1.5 million settlement re false advertising claims against store franchisor.
- President of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers' Association
- Chair of the American Association of Justice's International Practice and Premises Liability Sections and its International Relations Committee
- Temporary Judge, San Francisco Superior Court
- Executive Committee of the California State Bar Litigation Section
- Mediator for Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Services, San Francisco
- 1991-2007 Adjunct Professor of Law: The University of California, Hastings Law School. Course: Advanced Trial Advocacy
- Over 60 invited presentations at professional educational programs in California and throughout the U.S.A. including seminars in Canada, South Africa, England and Belgium. Topics frequently include international travel injury claims and the assessment of damages in complex claims
- Crib Death Litigation, Am. Jur. Trials, Volume 37;
- Editor: Wrongful Death Chapter, Civil Practice Series by Bancroft Whitney.
- Over 30 publications and legal book reviews for lawyers' journals (subjects include professional, premises and product liability and jurisdictional issues)